Across the River in Rome – level 3
An Italian tightrope artist became the first person to high-wire across the Tiber river in Rome, travelling 135 metres over a 20-metre drop. Andrea Loreni, the artist, holds the record in Italy for the longest and highest tightrope walk.
The artist said that it was difficult because of external factors like the wind, the rain and the LED light reflections on the water – there was so much input that it risked creating confusion. He coped by choosing one spot and focusing on it.
Nervous onlookers let out a sigh of relief when Loreni made it through the wind and rain to the other end.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.