Activist’s Body Found – level 1
In Argentina, an activist disappears. This happens in August. It happens during a protest. The protest supports a native leader. The protesters also want the native lands back.
Last Tuesday, people find the activist’s body. Some people think that the police are hiding what happened. They say that the government does not care. The police say that they did nothing.
Difficult words: activist (a person who does what they think or say), disappear (when you disappear, nobody knows where you are and if you are OK), support (show that you believe in something), native (a person who is from a place; in Argentina, this is a person from South America and not from Europe).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.