Actor Russel Brand will go to court – level 1
Russell Brand, an actor and comedian from Britain. He has a big problem.
A lady called Jane Doe says that Brand does bad things to her. This happens during the making of the film ‘Arthur’ in 2011. Some other ladies also say Russell does bad things to them many years ago. The police in Britain are looking at these stories. But this one in New York is the first in a court.
Jane Doe says that Brand is drinking too much. He wants to have sex with her in the restroom. She does not want it. She feels really bad about it now.
Russell Brand says that he does not do these things. The film’s distributor Warner Bros Pictures is in trouble, too. It seems that they know that bad things happen on set. They do nothing about it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think is the legal responsibility of Warner Bros Pictures in this case?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.