Ad About Racism – level 1
A police officer kills a black man in the US. People in the US protest. They do not agree with police brutality. The situation is serious. Protests are in many US cities.
The company Nike posts an ad on social media. The ad speaks to people. The ad says that people must not be quiet. People must say what they think.
In the past, Nike supports a sportsman. The sportsman is a football player. He does not agree with police brutality in the US. Some people criticize Nike. However, the company Adidas supports Nike. Adidas says that together people can make a change.
Difficult words: police brutality (when police officers behave very badly and violently to people), ad (an advertisement, a short video that a company makes to promote its products), support (to agree with what someone does, or to help someone achieve something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.