Afghan refugees need help – level 1
Winter is coming. It is getting colder each day. This is a big problem for Afghan refugees in Pakistan.
Pakistan does not want these people there. Officials make them leave. But these people have nowhere to go. They have no things with them. Women and children stay in open tents. They need help. They need food and medicine. They lose everything in Pakistan. They cannot start a new life without help.
The world needs to help people without a home.
Difficult words: refugee (a person who leaves his or her country because it is not safe to stay there), tent (a house made of cloth), medicine (a thing which you get from the doctor and it makes you feel better).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures may be taken to help Afghan refugees in Pakistan who have nowhere to go and no possessions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.