Afghan refugees need help – level 2
Approaching winter brings colder days and this is a serious problem for Afghan refugees whom Pakistan expels.
People who are arriving have no immediate shelter, especially women and children are staying under open tents. There is no safe place for these people to stay, which means serious risks. These people need psychosocial support. They need food and health care. They lost everything in Pakistan and they have almost nothing with them. Therefore, they fully depend on the help of international communities. Without help, they can’t make a fresh start.
Everyone must stand together with these people and help them as quickly as possible.
Difficult words: refugee (a person who leaves his or her country because it is not safe to stay there), expel (to make someone leave a place), psychosocial (related to a person’s thinking and relationships).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What measures are being taken by the international communities to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Afghan refugees arriving in other countries?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.