Afghanistan Vote – level 2
Afghanistan held its presidential election. There were problems with the voter turnout because around 20% of registered votes came to vote.
People were afraid to vote because of Taliban threats. One voting official said that 68 Taliban attacks happened during the voting, killing at least five people and hurting more. There were also problems with identifying voters, angry election workers, and incomplete lists of voters.
Now 20% of Afghanistan’s voters are going to decide the next president. The main candidates are the current president and his chief executive. People are going to find out the results in November.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.