Africa dust goes to Europe – level 3
A dust cloud from the Sahara has been moving across Europe, and it turned skies bright orange in Spain.
Satellite images clearly showed the cloud over France, where it dusted slopes in the south of the country. The orange hue was also visible in Switzerland and southern Germany. Forecasters said that the cloud could potentially reach as far as the south of the UK; however, the impact wouldn’t be significant.
Strong winds from Storm Celia drove the dust more than 2,500 kilometers from Algeria and Morocco. Scientists described the dust storm as extraordinary and very intense, and Spanish authorities recommended citizens use face masks outside and avoid outdoor exercise. The storm brought much-needed rain to Spain after its drought.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.