Air in Mongolia – level 2
Air pollution in Mongolia kills around 1,200 people, including 120 children, each year. Air pollution in the capital of Ulaanbaatar is five times worse than in Beijing in China.
Winter temperatures can drop to -30° Celsius. More than a half of the city’s 1.3 million people burn coal, plastic, and rubber tyres. A mother said that her children are often sick because of the pollution, and that the situation is the worst in the mornings.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.