Airbus’ Solar Drone – level 2
Airbus opened a new production facility where it can produce 30 Zephyr aircrafts a year, which are solar-powered aircraft.
These drones fly 18–21 kilometres above the ground which means that they are above the weather and normal aeroplanes. Airbus says that the Zephyr can fly for months at a time.
The smaller production model has a wingspan of 25 metres and weighs less than 75 kg. It is able to provide the Internet, radar and take pictures and video. From the 18-to-21-kilometre altitude, it can see objects as small as 15 centimetres.
Difficult words: production facility (factory), drone (a plane which is controlled from the ground; no pilot is in it), altitude (a height).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos