Airline has money problems – level 1
Philippine Airlines has problems with money. The airline files for bankruptcy on Monday. Bankruptcy means that the company cannot pay its debts.
The problems start during the coronavirus. People cannot travel. Airlines do not make money.
Philippine Airlines has a plan. The plan will solve the company´s problems. The airline will return 22 planes which it leases from other companies.
Some companies will also help pay the airline´s debts. They will pay 150 million dollars. The company may get out of problems in 2024 or 2025.
Some airlines start doing business again. Airlines in countries like the US or China are still having problems. The reason is the delta variant of COVID-19.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.