Albino whale in Mexico – level 2
Albinism happens when an animal or a human is born with very little or without the pigment melanin that makes colour in the skin.
People see it in mammals, birds and reptiles, but rarely in marine mammals, until the 2008 to 2009 season of the grey whale migration near Mexico.
During that season, experts saw a young albino whale. Now, the experts study grey whales off the Pacific Coast and see the albino whale again. She swims with her baby that is normal-coloured.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other albino animals have been discovered in the wild?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.