Alligator Under the Car – level 1
This news is from Texas. A family gets a shock. They find an alligator under their car! They call the sheriff’s office. The sheriff calls the Gator Squad. The squad captures the alligator, moves it and releases it back into the wild.
Difficult words: sheriff (somebody in the USA who helps people), Gator Squad (a team of people who catch alligators), capture (bring under control), release (set free).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos