Amelia Earhart Possibly Found – level 2
In 1932, Amelia Earhart was the first woman to fly alone over the Atlantic Ocean. She had to land partway through her flight in Northern Ireland as she had trouble with her plane.
In 1937, the American pilot and her navigator disappeared while flying over the Pacific Ocean; no one knew what had happened to them until now. In 1940, people found a female skeleton on a South Pacific island, and now people believe that this is likely Earhart. Forensic analysis suggests that she may have crash-landed and died.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.