American Politician Raps – level 2
Twenty years ago, the rapper Biggie Smalls died in Los Angeles. A US congressman who represents New York wanted to pay tribute to the rapper, as the rapper lived in his district in his past.
The congressman rapped while he talked about the rapper’s story. He said that he went from being poor to being rich, and this showed a real example of the American Dream.
Difficult words: represent (speak for someone), pay tribute (to show respect), district (an area of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.