An Accident at the Carnival in Rio – level 2
There was an accident at the world famous carnival in Rio. Some dancers were performing on a floating board. A truck with the board lost control on wet pavement. It crushed some people against a fence. It then changed direction and injured more people on the other side of the road.
At least twenty people were injured, three of them in serious condition. Police started an investigation. They questioned the driver.
Difficult words: float (move on water or liquid), pavement (a way for people at the side of a road), fence (a structure between two areas, similar to a wall, usually around a house).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.