An actor must not drive a Ferrari – level 1
Adam Driver is the main actor in the movie ‘Ferrari’. He says that he cannot drive the famous Ferrari cars in the film. The reason is insurance.
The movie is about the life of Enzo Ferrari in 1957. Ferrari has problems with his company, his personal life, and racing against Maserati. There are exciting scenes in the movie. Another actor Patrick Dempsey drives cars which look the same as real Ferrari cars. These cars also sound like real cars.
The movie is trying to win a special award at the Venice Film Festival.
Difficult words: insurance (when you pay a company money and they pay your costs if you have an accident), scene (action in a play, film or a book), award (a prize which someone gets when he or she does something special).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other cars can be seen in the movie 'Ferrari' and how do they compare to Ferrari cars?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.