An actor must not drive a Ferrari – level 2
Adam Driver, the lead actor in the movie ‘Ferrari’, said that he couldn’t drive the famous Ferrari race cars used in the film. The reason was insurance.
Directed by Michael Mann, the movie tells the story of Enzo Ferrari’s life in 1957, where he faces business problems, personal difficulties, and rivalry with Maserati. The film includes exciting scenes of the red sports cars participating in the dangerous Mille Miglia road race in Italy. Adam Driver couldn’t drive a real Ferrari but his co-star Patrick Dempsey drove exact copies of them.
The movie shows not only replicas of the cars but the cars also make the same sound as real Ferrari and Maserati cars. ‘Ferrari’ is competing for the Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival.
Difficult words: insurance (an agreement in which you pay a company money and they pay your costs if you have an accident), rivalry (a situation in which people or companies compete with each other for the same thing), co-star (a famous actor who appears with another famous actor in a film or play).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What did Patrick Dempsey do in the movie 'Ferrari' that Adam Driver could not do?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.