Andy Murray’s Career – level 2
Andy Murray is a British tennis star who was injured and had to have surgery. He last played at the Australian Open where he lost to Roberto Bautista Agut. He said there that this tournament could be his last one because of the injury.
Murray had the surgery and he posted an Instagram from the hospital. Doctors put a piece of metal into his pelvis.
He hopes to get better and play at Wimbledon, and then he wants to retire at age 31.
Difficult words: surgery (an operation; when doctors change your body), tournament (a series of sports games), pelvis (a big bone below your belly that is also where your legs start).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos