Angry Man – level 2
Last week, a video camera caught something very unusual in an apartment building in the city of Prostejov, Czech Republic.
A man drove his car into the front doors of the building after his ex-girlfriend refused to have lunch with him. The man destroyed the doors, he climbed out of his car, and he left the place. Later, police found him drunk in a local pub. He said that he was very angry at his ex-girlfriend.
The police found out that the man was not allowed to drive. They charged him with property damage and dangerous driving. He can stay up to three years in prison.
Difficult words: refuse (to say that you do not want to do something), charge (when the police say that someone did something wrong), driving (when you use a vehicle such as a car), property damage (when you destroy something that belongs to someone else).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos