Animal Window Cleaners – level 2
Every year in Japan has an animal symbol. The year 2016 was the year of the monkey and the year 2017 is the year of the rooster. Another tradition in Japan is people cleaning their houses in December because they want to start the New Year fresh.
Two window cleaners from Tokyo know about this and they decide to dress up as a monkey and a rooster. They clean the windows of a Tokyo hotel 50 metres above the ground in their costumes. They surprise the hotel guests.
Difficult words: rooster (the rooster is the male chicken), fresh (clean and organised), costume (a set of special clothes which make you look like something else).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos