Animals in Danger – level 2
Rescuers in Australia use helicopters to drop thousands of pounds of carrots and sweet potatoes to starving animals. These animals ran away from their homes because there are wildfires, and now they have no food.
The wildfires devastated more than 25 million acres of land and killed 28 people and over a billion animals. Volunteers are working hard to help injured animals that have burns and problems to be able to breathe.
It was very difficult to stop the fires because the land was dry and there were high temperatures and strong winds. However, the weather started to change last week. Firefighters are now trying to get the fires under control.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.