Animals on a Ship – level 1
A ship travels from Spain to Turkey. 855 cows are on board. A problem happens with the documents. Spanish officials make a mistake. It seems that the cows are sick.
Turkey thinks that the cows have bluetongue virus. Bluetongue virus is a dangerous disease. Cows, goats, or sheep often have this disease.
Turkey does not want the cows. The animals stay on board. Other countries also do not want the cows.
The cows start to have health problems. The journey is too long for them. Some animals die.
Spanish veterinarians look at the cows. They see the horrible situation on the ship. They think that it is a good idea to kill the cows. It will end their problems.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.