Animals on Planes – level 3
The American Department of Transportation issued guidelines on service animal rules to provide greater clarity to passengers and airlines.
For instance, the department says that airlines can no longer ban specific breeds of cats or dogs, which is something that Delta Air Lines did last year. It banned “pit bull type dogs” as service or support animals due to “recent incidents in which several employees were bitten.” The airline now says it is reviewing the Transportation Department’s changes.
However, airlines can still decide on a case-by-case basis if an animal is safe to travel. They can still require passengers to tell them in advance if they are planning to bring on board “an emotional support animal,” but they cannot do the same for passengers with traditional service animals, such as guide dogs for the blind.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.