Animals play the keyboard – level 3
Zookeepers from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo wanted to give its animals some music lessons.
They placed a keyboard and a toy xylophone in front of the small-clawed otters. While the otters enjoyed the keyboard, Bonnie the Orangutan enjoyed the xylophone.
An animal enrichment programme brought the impromptu music lesson in order to bring more fun into the creatures’ lives and to challenge and stimulate them.
The zoo is part of the Smithsonian Institution, which is the home of the world’s largest museum and research complexes. The zoo has 2,000 animals of around 400 species and two million visitors come each year.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What other activities does the Smithsonian Institution offer its visitors?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.