Animals see the future – level 1
An octopus predicts the outcome of 8 matches in the 2010 World Cup. Now, there are two new animals. They predict the future, too.
They are in a zoo in Germany. One is a koala and the other one is a sea lion. The sea lion predicts that Germany plays with Ukraine. The koala predicts that Ukraine wins.
Difficult words: octopus (a sea animal with eight arms), predict (say that something will happen in the future), match (a football game), outcome (a result, how something ends), sea lion (a sea animal which rests on land but catches fish in the water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.