Apple opens a store in India – level 1
Apple CEO Tim Cook opens the first Apple store in India. The store is located in Mumbai’s financial center.
It takes many years to plan. Apple must follow India’s regulations. One of the rules is that Apple must use local sources. Apple wants to make more money and build things in India. It is important to make business there. Apple makes almost $6 billion in India in one year until March.
Apple is adding more factories and workers to make things in India. It is good because more and more people in India want to buy iPhones and other Apple products.
Difficult words: CEO (the boss of a company), regulation (a rule), source (a thing or person which comes from a place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Apple's decision to open a store in India?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos