Apple workers protest – level 2
Tough restrictions are still in China as the country is trying to stop new COVID-19 infections.
Weeks ago, shops and offices in many parts of China closed, and millions of people had to stay in their homes. Many of them were very unhappy with the situation, which led to protests. The government promised to make some changes such as shorten quarantines, but not much changed so far.
On Wednesday, a protest started in a dormitory near Apple’s biggest factory in the world. Hundreds of workers protested over unpaid money. The company promised to pay 3,500 dollars to new workers, but when they started to work, they got less money in the first two months of work.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.