Apps Get Into Facebook Photos – level 2
Facebook is apologising because a bug allowed third party apps to get into millions of users’ photos without their permission in September. Apps could not usually get to these photos.
Facebook said that the bug let apps get to the photos that were posted on Facebook or only uploaded. Facebook said that it keeps uploaded photos in case the user wants to post them later. Facebook will tell all users who had this happen to them.
This is another privacy problem for the company this year.
Difficult words: bug (a problem that makes a program do something that people do not want), third party (a group/person other than the two group/people – Facebook and the user in this case), post (put on Facebook for your Facebook friends to see).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.