Asteroid with rings – level 1
Scientists find a special asteroid. The asteroid is in front of a star. It is 250 kilometres wide. The scientists are surprised. The asteroid has two rings.
People thought that only big planets have rings. This is not true. Small objects have rings, too. This asteroid is the smallest object that has rings. We don’t know how the rings are formed. They are probably made of ice and rocks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the potential implications of this asteroid with rings for our understanding of the universe?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.