Asthma from Traffic – level 1
Asthma is a medical problem. It makes it hard for you to breathe. You have it all your life. Doctors cannot stop it.
Scientists study traffic pollution and asthma. They find out that traffic pollution connects to asthma in children. Scientists learn this from 194 countries and 125 big cities. The study shows where most pollution is.
People say that we need to make changes. We can change the rules for pollution. We can have cleaner transportation.
Difficult words: breathe (get air in and out of your body), pollution (smoke which comes from cars, planes and ships), connect (it has something to do with it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos