Attack at Wedding – level 1
Kabul is the capital of Afghanistan. On Saturday the 18th, there is a wedding. There are more than 1,000 people at this wedding.
A man comes to the wedding with a big gun. He starts shooting. He also wears an explosive vest. His vest explodes. Sixty-three people die. Many of them are children. More than 180 people are injured.
ISIS says that it carried out the attack. It did this because the people are Shiite Islam followers.
Difficult words: explosive vest (vest with bombs inside it), carried out (past of “carry out” – do), did (past of “do”).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos