Attack on Nancy Pelosi’s husband – level 3
Paul Pelosi is the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; an intruder assaulted him in his own home in San Francisco, California, USA.
The attacker was 42-year-old David DePape. He was active in online right-wing conspiracy groups, and he often posted conspiracy-related content on Facebook.
DePape reportedly entered the house when he broke a rear window of the property, and he demanded to see Nancy, who was in Washington DC at the time. He viciously attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer, which caused a skull fracture. Pelosi underwent a surgery for his injuries, and he’s currently recovering.
The investigation is still ongoing; however, police have claimed that the attack was premeditated. They have charged DePape with attempted homicide.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.