Attack on Police Academy – level 3
At least 59 people died in an attack on a police training academy in Pakistan. More than 200 cadets were at the facility when the gunmen in suicide vests stormed in.
Some of the cadets were reportedly taken hostage during the incident in Quetta late on Monday. More than 100 people were wounded in the attack, which lasted around five hours. According to officials, two of the gunmen blew themselves up and another was shot.
People believe that militants from the Islamist group Laskher-e-Jhangvi were responsible.
Difficult words: cadet (a young trainee in the police force), storm in (attack quickly), militant (a person who prefers violent methods in support of a political or social cause).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos