Award to Netflix Producer – level 1
Ted Sarandos works at Netflix. He is the chief content officer. This means that he helps make the content or stories that we see on Netflix. He helps with Netflix’s first original shows. He recently helps with original movies.
This year, an organization wants to give Sarandos an award for his work. The president of the organization says that Sarandos helps people who create new shows or movies.
However, it is expensive to make original shows or movies. Netflix can spend more than $17 billion on new work this year. It owes $13.5 billion.
Difficult words: chief content officer (a person who helps other people make new content or work such as news articles, stories, TV shows, or movies), original (a new idea), owe (to borrow money because you spend too much money).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.