Babies hold hands – level 2
Two baby twin girls were born in Ohio last Friday. The pregnancy was risky. The mother spent 57 days in bed before the delivery.
Baby twins’ umbilical cords often twist which is very dangerous. Blood may stop flowing to one twin and it may die. But for these two girls, it was a happy ending. The mother and the father cannot be happier. When the doctors showed the babies to them, the babies were holding hands.
Doctors removed the ventilators from the girls. They breathe now on their own.
Difficult words: pregnancy (when a woman is having a baby), umbilical cord (line between the mother and the baby), ventilator (machine for breathing).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How many twins do you know?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.