Babies Learn to Stand – level 2
Since 1990, an Icelandic doctor has been teaching babies that are very young how to stand and balance.
To demonstrate, he stood in a pool and held up one baby on his hand, and the baby was able to stand without falling. His simple methods are to make their spines and upper bodies stronger.
Some doctors are puzzled by this. One doctor said that this is not logical. He explained that babies normally learn to stand by leaning on a chair at the age of seven to eight months old.
Difficult words: method (a way of doing something), spine (the bones that hold up the body along a person’s back), puzzle (confuse).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos