Baby Gorilla – level 3
Keepers at San Diego Zoo Safari Park in California were in for a surprise when they came to work one morning, as a baby gorilla had been born overnight. However, they did not get to see much of the baby.
Gorilla babies are really tiny – only between 1.6 to 2 kilograms, and the moms hold them very close to their chests, so often what you’ll see is only a little bit of face and maybe a foot or a hand sticking out.
The baby girl was born to mum Cocoa and dad Winston, and she is their second child together. The infant becomes the eighth member of the park’s troop of western lowland gorillas, which are part of a critically endangered species.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.