Baby hippo – level 1
This news is about a baby hippo. Her name is Devi. She lives at a zoo. The zoo is in California. Devi is eight weeks old.
She goes to the hippo pool for the first time. She watches zoogoers through the glass. They watch her, too.
Her father is not at the hippo pool. Devi is there only with her mother.
Difficult words: pool (an area with water), zoogoer (a person who goes to a zoo).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos