Baby Leopards – level 3
Two amur leopard baby cubs, which is an endangered species with only 100 left in the wild, have been born at Vienna zoo.
The unnamed little cats are the first of their kind to be born to the zoo. They were born blind and helpless in March, but now at six weeks old, they are able to play inside the compound with their mother watching over them.
Zoo staff said that the baby leopards are ‘truly happy’.
Difficult words: compound (an animal’s area).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.