Baby warthogs – level 1
Chester Zoo is in England. It has three new animals: warthog babies. Their names are Hedwig, Nagini and Aragog. These are names from the “Harry Potter” books. There are two girls and a boy. They are just 20 centimetres tall.
These animals are called warthogs because they have warts. One pair of warts is on their faces. The second pair is near their tusks.
The warthog’s home is in Africa. Warthogs are in danger there. People catch them. There is also not enough water there.
Difficult words: warthog (an African wild pig), wart (an outgrowth on the skin), tusks (two long horns of some animals).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.