Bad weather in the USA – level 2
Thunderstorms and floods battered central US states on May 17th. They came after a tornado series which hit large parts of the area one day earlier. They cut power lines and damaged structures.
From the inside of a car, a camera filmed one interesting moment. Baseball-sized hailstones fell on the car’s windshield and broke it. This happened in Oklahoma.
Difficult words: batter (to hit many times), structure (a building), hailstone (a piece of ice which falls from the sky).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Nature, you’re scary!
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.