Badly Injured Man – level 3
A year ago, a man woke up from sleep with his body burning. He thought that it was hot water at first, but then he came out of the room and felt acid in his mouth. His ex-girlfriend, who is now serving 17 years in prison, had carried out the attack. It was a miracle that Daniel survived. A third of his body had skin grafts and doctors had to remove his right eye a couple of weeks ago.
This story’s end is bittersweet, though. Daniel will live with his injuries forever, and while the person who attacked him will be free one day, he will not be alone. He has found love again with the carer who nursed him after the cruel acid attack.
Daniel said that Anna loved him from their first day together. Daniel’s new partner gave up her job to be with him and says that they are very happy together, saying that he changed her life, as well. Anna said that Daniel is an amazing person – clever, funny, and easy to fall in love with. The scars do not mean anything to her because she is happy to be with him. She even spoke of the destiny that they met.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.