Bali Beaches Full of Plastic – level 2
Bali is a popular Indonesian island and thousands of tourists visit it every year. Sadly, the island has a big problem with plastic waste on its beaches.
When the monsoon season starts, strong waves bring tons of plastic to Bali’s beaches. This happens every year, but authorities say that this year is much worse than previous years. Indonesian workers clean between 30 and 60 tons of plastic every day.
At this time of year, Bali is usually full of tourists. The coronavirus pandemic made it almost impossible to travel to many destinations, so there are only a few tourists on Bali.
Difficult words: waste (things which people throw away), monsoon season (the time of year when strong winds bring rain to parts of Asia), destination (a place where people make a trip).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos