Bali Beaches Full of Plastic – level 3
Bali’s beaches have been covered with tons of plastic that regularly invades its beaches at this time of year when the monsoon season begins.
Indonesian workers have been cleaning up piles of debris and plastic waste that was brought to the famous island by strong waves. According to authorities, between 30 and 60 tons of rubbish is collected from the island’s most famous beaches each day. Although rubbish flooding onto Bali beaches is a regular phenomenon, authorities say that this year is worse than previous years.
Thousands of tourists would normally be in Bali at this time of year; however, the coronavirus pandemic has halted overseas travel and there are only a few visitors.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.