Beach in Ireland – level 1
There is a beach in Ireland. In 1984, there is a storm. It takes away all of the sand. This is not good. Less tourists come to the area.
This year, there is a tide. It brings a lot of sand to that beach. It brings the beach back! People hope that tourists will start to come again. They want the beach to get a Blue Flag.
Difficult words: tide (the way the sea goes up and down), will (in the future), Blue Flag (Blue Flag beaches must be safe, clean, etc.).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.