Beer in Plastic Bags – level 3
Buying beer in plastic bags is a local custom in east China’s Qingdao City where almost every streets shop is equipped with Tsingdao beer barrels and sterilised plastic bags.
The 3.5% fresh beer is sold by the pound and weighted to prevent gaseous volume manipulation. One pint of the beer costs 1.5 Chinese yuan which corresponds to approximately 24 cents.
The custom is hardly to die out in the city where people drink it straight from the bag with a straw or pour it into a glass from a hole in the bag.
Difficult words: custom (a traditional way of doing something), gaseous volume manipulation (changing how much has is inside of something so you can make more money), approximately (around), die out (stop happening).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.