Big Changes in Ford – level 3
The Ford Motor Company is planning an overall restructuring which involves laying off around 10% of workers worldwide. Ford’s CEO announced the news in an email to employees on Monday 20th.
The company plans to spend around $11 billion to restructure its business, which will save it around $600 million every year. Of the 7,000 total jobs being eliminated, roughly 2,300 are in the USA.
The whole plan is not known, but some factories in Europe and Brazil are going to close, and the brand has stopped making some of its well-known passenger cars in North America.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.