Big Crocodile – level 1
Wildlife rangers look after national parks. These people protect animals in the parks. Last week, in Australia, they catch a big crocodile.
The crocodile gets too close to people. It is not safe for people. Wildlife rangers catch dangerous crocodiles there. They take them to crocodile farms.
This crocodile is 14 feet long. It weighs 770 pounds. It is a very big crocodile. This crocodile ends up at a crocodile farm. It is possible that farmers use this crocodile to breed baby crocodiles.
The crocodile is a saltwater crocodile. The saltwater crocodile is the biggest crocodile in the world. It can be 23 feet long. It can weigh 2,200 pounds. It usually lives in wetlands near coasts.
Difficult words: protect (to keep safe), breed (to keep and take care of animals to make young animals), wetland (a large area of land with a lot of water and mud).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos