Big Crocodile – level 3
Wildlife rangers trapped a 14-feet saltwater crocodile at a tourist destination in Australia’s Northern Territory. Reportedly, it is the biggest crocodile that has been captured in the area in years.
The 770-pound male was caught in the Flora River at a remote nature park, 75 miles southwest of the town of Katherine. It was taken to a crocodile farm, and it will possibly be used for breeding.
Saltwater crocodiles are the largest crocodile species, and the largest living reptile in the world. Adult males can reach up to 23 feet and weigh over 2,200 pounds. They typically live in brackish waters near the coast, such as mangrove swamps and lagoons.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.